Friday, September 29, 2006

getting wasted


so last night i was at the Y for my volleyball game (see post below). we actually won fairly easy. this rarely happens. the team we were playing happened to be a new team to the league. we had never played them before, and they were an easy win. so easy, in fact, that i didn't feel like i had gotten enough exercise. so i decided to make use of the Y. I don't have a membership there, but i pay a certain amount to play on a league team. so, sometimes i feel like in order to get my money's worth, i should lift some weights or run a few laps or something (i secretly just want to wail on the punching bag, but i've seen some other people do it and frankly i'm always a little bit embarrased for them). last night i decided to run and then lift. while i was running my one mile i was lapped twice by my parents' friend. right about the second time he passed me was about the same time that i decided to stop. nothing like getting wasted by someone your parents' age. i decided to try my luck with the 8 pnd weights. -sn

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel Swagman said...

Aw no, you can't be embarresed about exercising! We always look silly when we do it. if you feel self-conscious, you'll never do any exercise. Punch that BAg!

10:53 AM  
Blogger SN said...

hmm...i think he was just running A LOT faster than I was...

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just need to start running with me again, Flash.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home