Tuesday, April 12, 2005

here's the dirt

i would like to write about the dirt on the end of my nose.

every year in the spring this small patch of "dirt" decides to hang out on the end of my nose. april comes along and with it the sun and with IT the dirt. as spring warms its way into summer, the dirt patch on my nose becomes darker and more noticeable. good friends, the kind that wouldn't let me walk around with my fly open, will say to me, "you have something on the end of your nose." but other people just try not to stare.

this dirt is a permanent part of my nose through the summer months. i cannot wipe it off. and quite honestly, i welcome the dirt each year. it means the sun is shining and that i have been enjoying its warmth. the next time you see me take a good look at the dirt. what you'll see is just a clump of tightly packed freckles happily thanking the sun with their dirt-like presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home