Saturday, April 08, 2006

schipperke

on my way home from work yesterday i was trailing a green mini-van. surrounding the license plate was one of those plastic things displaying a message. Brett's grandma has one. it says, "happiness is being swedish."

now, on a normal day i would not almost cause an accident trying to get close enough to one's bumper so that i could read their cheesy license plate message. but this particular one, on the green mini-van, caught my eye. it caught my eye b/c i saw my own last name on it "schipper." but attached to the back of schipper were two simple letters "ke" SCHIPPERKE. The entire message said, "I love my schipperke." I was very curious as to what this message meant. were the passengers of this green mini-van schipper's too? did they know some schippers? was schipperke just their cute way of saying my last name?

i arrived home and told brett. he wasn't as excited about it as me...probably b/c he's never had to give up his own last name before. it was kind of a tragic experience for me b/c my name was...well, it was my NAME. for twenty-seven years schipper was my name. i had nicknames like skip, skippy, and skipster b/c of that last name. so when i see it on somebodies plastic license plate message, i guess i am a little more curious than most.

as i was explaining it to brett i remembered that there were small paw prints surrounding the message. suddenly it dawned on me that schipperke was this person's DOG. "well, that's a cute name," thought i. then a second wave of dawning came over me and i asked brett to google "schipperke." and sure enough, this is what i found. this, my friends, is a schipperke:


probably the world's ugliest dog. i mean c'mon...where's his tail?

-SN

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel Swagman said...

In my mind I still picture you as Schipper. But then I still date my checks 2003

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home