Wednesday, September 14, 2005

he's a beast















every morning when i leave my house for work i scratch my kitty and i kiss my husband. this morning was a little different. as i was gathering my things and heading for the door i heard brett yelling to me from downstairs where he was sorting the recycling. "sara! close the door! close the door! don't let him in!" before i could even drop my purse and my morning mug of coffee i see juege, the beast, running through the door with a flutter of wings in his mouth. when he saw me he slowed his pace and started to strut. he was definately proud of what he had just accomplished and he was offering me, his number one lady, the prize. he headed for the bedroom to drop this cherished possession in the one place he knows i love best. my bed.

i quickly chased him into the bedroom, swatted his little behind and told him to drop the bird. he did. the bird laid there and pretended it was dead. but nothing could hide his beating little heart. it was practically beating out of its chest! juege sensed that he was going to lose his prize and started to lunge for the bird. i grabbed my towel and covered the bird and tried to hold off the cat. at this point i wasn't sure what to do. so, ever so gently, i picked up the towel and walked out onto the porch. i slowly unfolded it and there laid the small sparrow. it took one look at me and flew off. he left behind a trace of blood...the beast had left his mark. and i forgot my coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger SN said...

i read the story...then scrolled back up to the picture and had to laugh.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Josh Leo said...

that was hilarious...well written schip-money. the bird is probably dead now...that or bragging to all his sparrow friends how badass he is that he escaped the jaws of a cat.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home